All seven sacraments are available at St Mary’s Shrine in the extraordinary form of the Roman Rite.
Please scroll below for further details.
– For a baby, please contact the Rector five months before the birth to allow for a sacramental preparation programme.
- For children and for adults, likewise please contact the Rector allowing for several months of preparation before the ceremony.
– Confessions are heard half an hour before every Mass, including evening Masses. Also on Saturday mornings from 10:15 to 11:45 during exposition of the Blessed Sacrament. Confessions are usually heard in the Memorial Chapel to the rear of the church.
– To enrol on a First Holy Communion preparation course, please contact the priests resident at St Mary’s Shrine.
– Holy Communion for the sick at home or in hospital is available on request.
– Click here for Holy Mass times at St Mary’s Shrine. In the traditional Latin rite used at St Mary’s, Holy Communion is received on the tongue and, if one can, kneeling.
– Confirmation was conferred at St Mary’s at 3pm on Saturday 20th May 2017 by the Archbishop of Liverpool, Malcolm McMahon, OP. Anyone wishing to enrol for future years should contact us here. Those who live outside the Archdiocese of Liverpool are also welcome to enrol, and those who live too far from Warrington to conveniently attend the preparation course may discuss the possibility of being prepared by a priest or catechist local to them. However, all candidates will have to demonstrate that they are well prepared to receive the Sacrament.
– If you attend Holy Mass regularly at St Mary’s Shrine or have another strong connection with the church, and if you wish to be wed here in Holy Matrimony, please contact the Rector to discuss enrolment in a sacramental preparation course for you and your future spouse.
– On 9th June 2018, Deacon Seth Phipps, FSSP is due to be ordained a priest by the Archbishop of Liverpool, Malcolm McMahon, OP at St Mary’s Shrine. All are welcome to attend. On 17th June 2017 Fr Alex Stewart, FSSP and Fr Krzysztof Sanetra, FSSP were ordained to the priesthood at St Mary’s by Archbishop McMahon. The ceremony was in the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite–the first such ordinations in England for decades.
– At home or in hospital, available on request. If urgent please call us on 01925 635664
Seven Sacraments Altarpiece by Rogier van der Weyden (1399-1464)
The Priestly Fraternity of St Peter (England) is a Registered Charity: No.1129964. We will not share your details with third parties except where needed for the Sacraments e.g the diocese. Details are retained on diocesan records.