St Mary’s Shrine Church Bulletin
13th September 2020 (fortnightly)
Smith Street, Warrington, Cheshire,
WA1 2NS, England
Served by the Priestly Fraternity of St Peter
by appointment from the RC Archdiocese of Liverpool
01925 635664 – email@example.com
- Rector: Fr Armand de Malleray, FSSP
- Assistant: Fr Ian Verrier, FSSP, (also Organist & Choir Master)
- Visiting Priest: Fr Andrew Jolly
- Shrine Secretary: Mrs Jane Wright
Safeguarding: If you have concerns about children or vulnerable adults, please contact the Archdiocesan Safeguarding Department on 0151 522 1043 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or speak with Clare Fraser, St Mary’s Safeguarding Officer. Thank you for your awareness.
Church Opening Times (with stewarding):
Weekdays: 11:00am – 1:30pm
Sundays: 10:00am– 1:00pm & 5:00pm-7:00pm
Daily Mass open to all present on site, and accessible online for free daily viaLiveMass.net.
Holy Mass times:
Mon-Sat: 12:10pm Mass
Sundays: 11:00am Sung Mass; 6:00pm Low Mass.
Confessions: ½ hr daily before every Holy Mass:
Sun: 10:30am-11:00am, and 5:30pm-6:00pm;
No booking is required to attend Mass at St Mary’s Shrine Church.
COVID: Please observe social distancing, sanitizing and one-way system as signed, and kindly cover your face with a mantilla, scarf or mask unless exempt.
- To receive Holy Communion: one must be a Catholic, in state of grace, one-hour fasting at least. In the EF liturgy, Holy Communion is received kneeling (unless unable to) and always on the tongue. Thank you in advance.
- Modesty in church: please cover your bodies at least down to elbows and below knees; no tight or see-through garments.
Access: Make sure to park in our TWO car parks, both of them adjacent to the church.
- Our lesser known car park is easier to access and to exit: when driving along St Mary’s Church (on your left) on Buttermarket Street, turn left immediately before the Porter’s Ales House pub, into Priory Court car park, and walk through the pedestrian gate on your left into the back garden of the presbytery towards St Mary’s church.
- Our better known car park is accessed via Smith Street, a cul-de-sac off Mersey Street immediately on your left before The Borough Arms pub, and to the end of Smith Street through the gates and into the car park.
OFFERTORY COLLECTION at the END of EVERY Mass, daily: a steward will be holding the collection basket by the Porch door as you exit, for you kindly to drop your offering.
Your financial support is greatly appreciated, since St Mary’s Shrine and community do not receive any money from the Liverpool Archdiocese where we serve. The cost of running St Mary’s is an estimated £1,700.00 per WEEK (including priests’ allowance and healthcare, car allowance and building maintenance).
You can send your donation to St Mary’s Shrine via our Donate page: https://fssp.co.uk/donate/. Ask us for a Gift Aid form to increase your donation by 20% at no extra cost to you. Gift Aid envelopes can be obtained from our Secretariat. Standing orders are easier and quicker for us to process than cash:
Bank Name: Lloyds Bank
Sort Code: 30-80-27
Account number: 30993368
Account name: FSSP Warrington
Mass readings: If you are new to St Mary’s Latin Mass community, please note that we normally have printed sheets with English translations and booklets to help you follow Holy Mass. Those are currently not available due to anti-virus regulations. But you can find on our website a link to the readings for the Mass of each day. You can also subscribe for free to our weekly circular emails with all news and interactive links.
Save babies: peaceful prayer presence 6am to 9pm outside Liverpool BPAS abortuary for 40 days from 23rd Sept. to 1st Nov. Can you give one hour? Contact Gabrielle Stanley: Liverpool40daysforlife@gmail.com; 07895128073. Website: www.40daysforlife.com
- for our sick: John Marechal, Hilda Creagan, John Sunderland (cancer);
- thanksgiving for a former member of our congregation, Miss Raya C., now Sister Mary Charity, who became a novice at a convent in America on 12th September after seven months of postulancy: “The postulants process into church dressed as brides. The wedding dress symbolizes the totality of the gift which each postulant is making of herself. Like a bride, each postulant makes a spousal gift: a total gift of self to the beloved, Jesus Christ.”
- thanksgiving for the happy birth of Elisabetta, sixth child of Antonello and Suzanne Mary Mosca last 31st August.
|Sun 13||15th Sunday after Pentecost 5pm Vespers & Benediction||11:00am 6:00pm||Our Lady’s intentions Thanksgiving to St Joseph|
|Mon 14||Exaltation of the Holy Cross||12:10pm||Agnes Weaver RIP|
|Tue 15||Seven Sorrows of the Blessed Virgin Mary||12:10pm||Holy Souls|
|Wed 16||Sts. Cornelius & Cyprian, Martyrs Men’s Group 7:00pm-9:15pm||12:10pm 7:00pm||Homeless Man Conor Jones|
|Thu 17||Stigmata of St. Francis (Comm.)||12:10pm||Holy Souls|
|Fri 18||St. Joseph Cupertino||12:10pm||Sandra Sleigh|
|Sat 19||Adoration & Confessions 10:00am-12noon St. Januarius & Companions, Martyrs||12:10pm||Salvation of the Dying|
|Sun 20||16th Sunday after Pentecost 5pm Vespers & Benediction||11:00am 6:00pm||Ronald & Patricia Jones Marie Dean RIP|
|Mon 21||St. Matthew, Apostle & Evangelist||12:10pm||Anita Rawsthorne|
|Tue 22||St. Thomas of Villanova||12:10pm||Thanksgiving|
|Wed 23||Ember Wednesday Men’s Group 7:00pm-9:15pm||12:10pm 7:00pm||St Mary’s Clergy Thanksgiving to St Joseph|
|Thu 24||Our Lady of Ransom (Comm.)||12:10pm||Jim Aherne|
|Fri 25||Ember Friday||12:10pm||Thomas|
|Sat 26||Adoration & Confessions 10:00am-12noon Ember Saturday||12:10pm||St Mary’s Clergy|
|Sun 27||17th Sunday after Pentecost 5pm Vespers & Benediction||11:00am 6:00pm||David Harris Jr RIP St Mary’s Clergy|
All activities subject to Covid-19 regulations:
Men’s Group Wed 9th & 23rd September, 7:00pm Holy Mass, 8pm Talk and prayers).
Youth Group Juventutem Warrington: Sat. 26th Sept.10am: facebook.com/juventutem.warrington/.
Women’s Group: Sat 19th Sept, 1:00pm
Weekly family educational afternoon: resumes on Wed. 16th Sept., 1pm. Contact: Alison Kahn.
Priestly Ordination of Deacon Roger Gilbride, FSSP (back in New Zealand before Easter 2020 after his pastoral stage here at St Mary’s): Sat. 3rd October, Auckland, New Zealand, by Bishop Denis Browne, Bishop emeritus of the Hamilton diocese. A live-video link should be available via www.fssp.nz. We hope then-Fr Gilbride will offer a First Mass here this year.
Last seven days to contribute to the spiritual bouquet for Deacon Gilbride by us at St Mary’s. Put in the basket in St Mary’s Porch an anonymous note with the prayers you pledge to offer for his intentions, for example: five decades of the Holy Rosary; or Litany of Loreto; or one hour of Eucharistic adoration; or attending one weekday Holy Mass, etc. Deadline for bringing your prayer note: Sunday 20th September 7:00pm.
Volunteering: Can you help with cleaning the church, car parks, Priory Court rooms/toilets? More specialised assistance is also envisaged for: cooking for clergy, cleaning Presbytery, management of buildings, fundraising, maintenance, light admin work etc. As St Mary’s Community increases, so do our needs for help. Thank you for getting involved. Let us do more for God and souls.
Maundy Thursday Homily on the Sacred Priesthood was our peak live audience on LiveMass with 1,754 households connected. Listen to the nine-minute homily by Fr Alex Stewart, FSSP, freshly uploaded here: vimeo.com/455615905
Priory Campaign: With the summer recess behind us, we are now going to be able to update our fundraising figure. A rough estimate seems to indicate that your prayers and generosity might soon allow us to complete the purchase of Priory Court (Unit 1) before the mid-October deadline. We will soon communicate on this and on the plans and costs for the conversion work of the three units.
Government Consultation on Covid-19 vaccines:
You have seven days left to contribute, here:
Let us make our voices heard while there is time.
Calx Mariae magazine for free in Church Porch.