By concession of the Holy See, the Chair of St Peter (22 Feb) is a Feast of the First Class in FSSP apostolates. And by decree of the Sacred Apostolic Penitentiary, dated June 7, 2008, a plenary indulgence is granted under the usual conditions to the members of the Confraternity of St Peter on this feast (22 Feb). The conditions are:
– to have the intention of gaining the indulgence
– to make a Sacramental Confession (within several days before or after the feast)
– receive the Holy Eucharist (within several days before or after the feast)
– to pray for the intentions of the Holy Father, for example a Creed, Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory Be.
– to be free from all attachment to venial sin. This last is difficult, but if it can’t be fulfilled, a partial indulgence may be gained.
Members of the Confraternity can also gain plenary indulgences on the day of their admission into the CSP and on the Feast of SS Peter & Paul (29 June). To sign up, please visit the “Confraternity” tab above. And for information on indulgences click here.